Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Remember ....

About 13 years ago for whatever reason I became hooked on cigars. I remember watching my uncle light up a Romeo y Juileta (RyJ). The aroma drew me in and even now I can sit in a cigar shop and just enjoy the fragrance. There was this cigar shop in Skokie's Village Crossing where I bought my first cigar. Now don't laugh ... and I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who started on flavored cigars, but being new, I thought I'd ease my way in. I bought one cherry and one rum flavored cigar. That said I cannot remember what they tasted like, I'm sure not very tasty. Never the less, this was the beginning of the end for me.

My first legitimate smoke was a Punch Rare Corojo DC. And the first box purchase was the Arturo Fuente Spanish Lonsdale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment